Saturday, March 6, 2010

Recipe #2: Chicken Cordon Bleu


I decided to try two recipes this weekend. This simple worded recipe way understates the difficulty of this dish. I started off by making my own bread crumbs which was fun and that part actually turned out! It was then easy enough to dip, bread and wrap the chicken. But once I put the chicken on the skillet, the bread part burns so quickly, but the chicken cooks so slowly. I'm not really sure how the pros do this, but they must have really skinny chicken breasts and like magic breading. In the end I decided to "brown" the breading and take it out before it burned to photograph. So if you look closely at the photo you will find that the chicken is in fact not even slightly cooked. I'm going to go back and photoshop it a bit to make it look more white. After photographing we (me and my helpful roommate Kristen) put it back on the skillet and made just normal chicken breasts to eat along with our "comfort college food" of quesadillas, apples and toast. Maybe the next recipe will be better.... :)

1 comment:

  1. that looks amazing! did I ever email you the blog "17 and baking" to look at her photographs for inspiration? if not, google it. she goes to newport high, and although she's baking and not cooking, you'd still probably find her photos inspiring, in terms of set up, angle, etc.

    ReplyDelete