Monday, March 22, 2010

First Day of Spring

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to take a class in Seattle on typography. Typography is as they say the single most important skill as a Graphic Designer. For those of you who don't speak design lingo, typography is how a designer works with the text. It's everything from what font you choose, to how you space it to how you lay it out. It's quite an art. After my class I headed home to Kirkland to spend some time walking the waterfront in the gorgeous weather. The first day of Spring treated us to sunny and 70's which is quite rare! I met up with a friend from high school who was on Spring break. 


Our highlight of the day was a cross between a couple walking their cat in a baby stroller down the main boulevard and a man driving his speedboat (see photo) wearing what appeared to be a helicopter headphones and speaker. Who he planned on chatting with I'm not sure since the other passengers didn't seem to want to don the same headset. Sadly I wasn't able to photograph the cat in the baby stroller.  After soaking up the sun,  I finished my day with a lovely home-cooked meal (thanks mom!), and said goodbye to my kitty Mylee. She's spending the week at my parents for some quality time before I come home for spring break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment