Sunday, March 14, 2010

First cups!

My first cups! I've been working this past week and weekend to make cups for my ceramics class. After getting more comfortable throwing on the wheel I finally was able to make some cups. Once the cups are hardened a little bit I put it back on the wheel upside down and trim off a foot to make the bottom of the cup pretty as well. (Apparently for some potters this is a bigger deal than the actual cup). Last but not least I make handles and secure them to the cups. Now they're ready to dry and be fired up! This week we're learning to glaze our first projects, like my elephant.

2 comments:

  1. or I'll take a cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah I think a bowl might be easier...unless you don't want a handle. Handles are SOOOO hard to make. It takes a special "pulling" technique that is beyond me. Anyways the prof helped me with these handles ie: they are his work. But I can take credit for the cup part :)

    ReplyDelete