Tuesday, March 23, 2010

First Glazed Pieces

Some of my first ceramic pieces came out of the kiln from glazing. I took my camera home last weekend, so these photos are from my phone's camera, so I apologize for the poor quality. The first glazed pieces are definitely for learning. When you put the glaze on as a beginner you don't really know what to expect with your pieces. There's so many different factors, like how thick/thin you apply it and if you cross colors. I am mostly pleased with my first try. 


This flower vase was for my hardedge piece. I used two glazes, first clear and then I applied the raspberry color at the top to drip down and mix with the clear. 
Stove Spoon/Spatula Holder: The top color turned out awesome, but bottom color not as much. It's alright though, because now I've learned which colors not to blend.

Cookie Jar: I made this cookie jar by hand and glazed it a sienna color. It came out much browner than expected, but I still think it will be fun to for holding cookies!

Woven Fruit Bowl: While making this bowl it was difficult to get the pieces of clay to weave without breaking, but I did it!
My elephant is still being glazed, photo to come :)


Today I also visited my Pierce Transit buds. It was nice to stop by and catch up with everyone. They're always full of laughs. I think being a part of a graphic design team, wherever it may be is always special. Everyone's uniquely creative, humorous and fun to be around.  I am definitely excited for wherever I end up working once I graduate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment