Wednesday, April 7, 2010

3 down 7 to go!

Avocado Smoothie: This recipe was from India. All it called for was an avocado, a glass of milk and some sugar. It didn't quite have much flavor but I think Mom managed to drink it! It proved very tricky to photograph the cup though!  

Pelau: This recipe is from Trinidad and Tobago, where my dad's secretary grew up. I actually received this recipe from his secretary and a friend from school so I imagine it's quite a popular dish. It's sort of like a rice stew with kidney beans, chicken and tomatoes. It's also up to the chef to decide on what sort of seasonings you prefer and how much, so that was fun to experiment with. 
Lis-san el qua-thi: This eggplant wrapped ground beef is from Iraq. I've never bought eggplant before and am embarrassed to admit that when looking for it in the grocery store I was searching through the lettuce heads. My sister laughed and pointed me to my right at what appeared to be a bloated brown cucumber. I planned to make it saturday before Easter, but ended up procrastinating this recipe.  Instead of baking what would be the 9th recipe we ordered Pagliacci pizza and took a break from the kitchen. Little did I know lis-san el qua-thi actually takes 3 hours!! My consequence for procrastinating was waking up early Easter morning to start it before we we went to service. Then after service I finished cooking before we headed over to Penny's for an afternoon/evening Easter meal. 

I have about 7 recipes left, four of them being dessert! The number seems to keep rising though, as I've still been receiving recipes. My goal is to have a recipe from everything continent (minus Antarctica). So far I have every continent except South America, but I'm still looking! More to come :)

No comments:

Post a Comment