Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Versailles

In the Hall of Mirrors (more photos to come from Kristen's camera)

Yesterday we traveled to Versailles-France's most beautiful and important chateau that housed King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette. It's about 30 minutes by train from Paris, so very easy to get to. We arrived and first explored the beautiful gardens, where we had chicken paninis. There were even cats which I was surprised about, made me miss Mylee. Then we ventured down to Marie Antoinettes house, stopping along the way to see the swans in the river/pond. I guess I didn't expect anything less than swans, it is versailles. After touring Marie Antoinettes estate we walked the like mile back up hill to the main chateau where we saw King Louis the XIV's bedroom as well as the hall of mirrors. Everything was so ornate and pretty and garnished with gold.

We ended our night with nutella crepes at a restaurant close to our apartment. I learned that chantilly means whipped cream. The restaurant owner had to ask his son for some translation

Well today's our last full day in Paris, tomorrow we fly out for Cannes!!

1 comment:

  1. I have been following your posts! Sounds like you are having an amazing time! And I have to admit I a little jealous :)

    ReplyDelete